I feel like a lot of people are trying to dump the “blogger” title because so many people associate it with a hobby or someone that’s just obnoxious on Instagram and says “hey guys” a lot. My opinion: blogging can be a full time biz, IF it’s treated like a a full time biz.
I don’t want to lecture on blogging as much as I just want to share what I’ve learned from being someone who has had two blogs and has learned a lot from my baller clients, many of whom are what I call “career bloggers” meaning it’s not just a personal diary but a personal brand and a money-maker.
To me the key to making anything a business is finding the simplest, most sustainable way to make consistent income. If you want to make blogging your career, how can you make the money you want to make consistently?
To me, there are several options, but here are some of my favorites:
– affiliate sales
– partnerships with brands
– selling a product
– selling a service
– speaking engagements
So how can you make the $x/month consistently? What do all of the above things need? Interested people.
– affiliate sales: people that want to buy what you’re selling
– partnerships with brands: people that want to buy what they’re selling
– selling a product: people that want to buy what you’re selling
– selling a service: people that want to buy what you’re doing
– speaking engagements: people that want to learn what you know
Where do you get interested people that come to learn, be inspired or purchase: PINTEREST.